Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tool # 3 - Videos

While going onto YouTube.com, I found a site called skyingblogger.com which caters to math subjects only.  It deals only with math videos and geometry.

2 excellent videos are linked below:

http://skyingblogger.com/basic-concept-of-geometry-point-line-segment-line-and-ray-practice-part/

http://skyingblogger.com/types-of-angle-acute-angle-obtuse-angle-right-angle-reflex-angle-geometry-math-lesson1/

When it comes to the subject of copyright and fair use, I thought  I already knew the copyright law that if it has the copyright symbol next to it, no one, including teachers, can use it unless they pay a licensing fee, but if we repurpose or add value to the material, then we can use it under the fair use law.  I knew nothing about the fair use law until I watched several videos and has opened my eyes to copyright issues and ways to incorporate copyrighted materials in the classroom without getting into trouble.

The Dropbox was fast and easy to download and the concept is very useful in this age of different internet capable devices in each household.

No comments:

Post a Comment